Many schools recommend handheld graphing calculators for their students to assist them in solving various mathematical equations. A graphing calculator is different from the traditional scientific calculator because it is programmable and capable of plotting graphs. However, in today’s digital world, the graphing calculator is presented in a different way because it can be accessed online. Online graphing calculators serve as a solution for drawing graphs and charts if a handheld graphing calculator is not available. There are sites that offer apps for such calculators to help global consumers particularly students who face complex calculations.
What is a graphing calculator?
Everyone is familiar with scientific calculators that were critical for higher education. These scientific calculators superseded graphing calculators that have larger and wider displays and are created mainly for graphing. Various lines of calculations are also possible with the ability to solve simultaneous equations. When graphing calculators were introduced to the global market, they were handheld devices with monochrome colors but with continuing advances in technology, graphing calculators now feature colored screens and involves animated geometry. Schools are adopting graphing calculators because it enhances a student’s creativity for projects connected to learning math, algebra and statistics. Today, a more advanced technology has been introduced with the online graphing calculators that can be accessed through devices that have internet connectivity.
Advantages of online graphing calculators
- The major advantage of an online graphing calculator is the help it extends to students in math and algebra subjects that are difficult to learn due to complex formulas and algebraic equations.
- Many students are ready to give up if faced with mathematical problems but with the graphing calculators they have the necessary assistance in their assignments.
- With the new technology of online graphing calculators, students can download the application and gain all the benefits without making an investment in the handheld devices.
- The online graphing calculator is more advanced because it makes upgrading easier. The initial programming can be changed within the parameters of the software.
- Graphing calculators have become popular due to their graphing features and the ease of solving complex mathematical problems but with the online graphing calculators, plotting five graphs simultaneously is possible.
- If the graphing calculators are accessed online, the user enjoys greater resolution and the graph can be magnified for ease of plotting and to enhance accuracy.
- Software for online graphing calculator is designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch with apps available through iTunes for just a couple of dollars. The apps enable comprehensive graphing, data entry and analysis and calculating functionalities.
In the choice for the online graphing calculators, it is important to consider its features since there is software that is dedicated to certain professional fields which are beyond the capabilities of high school students. Some displays of online graphing calculators are easier to work with than others. This is an important factor to be considered since students have different learning abilities. It is also important to ensure that an appropriate level of solving functions is suitable for the end user.